These features and Web links pertain to the Web itself, as well as the
Internet and other online things. I originally used the header "The 'Net & Yahoo", as
a lame pun on the name of the Israeli prime minister Netanyahu, but that became dated
after he left office... but now he's back!
Features in This Site
Some of My Other Related Sites
Internet history, statistics, etc.
Those big corporate online services... and the people who love to hate them.
- Search Thingy -- lets you use a number of search
engines from one page.
- All4One also lets you search in multiple search engines at once.
- The Hacker Jargon Dictionary --
Are you a hacker, a suit, or a marketroid?
- Everything2 -- a giant, interlinked
"encyclopedia" that its users participate in creating.
- Wikipedia is even more encyclopedia-ish than that one, and
it's also user-editable.
- Know your System Administrator --
What type is he/she?
- Homesteading the Noosphere --
Some insight into what motivates participants in open-source software projects, and how their "geek
culture" has evolved.
- The Programmers' Stone --
online "book" with a somewhat dense writing style, but with some interesting points about
the mindset of programmers vs. most others.
- World of Ends -- What the Internet Is and
How to Stop Mistaking It for Something Else.
- Computerworld Sharktank -- has lots
of amusing anecdotes from the information technology field.
- The Internet is Shit -- and among the shit on the Internet is
rants like that one which say that the Internet is shit.
- Tact Filters -- an interesting essay about how geeks differ
from others in their sense of "tact".
- Let's Solve the File Format Problem! -- wiki-based project to document file formats of all sorts
This page was first created 09 Apr 1995, and was last modified 10 Jan 2016.
This page has been accessed times since 15 Dec 1995.
Free counters provided by Honesty.com.
Copyright © 1995-2018 by Daniel R. Tobias. All rights reserved.